F. Ad. Richter began to manufacture his first series of highly collectible Anchor Stone Building Blocks (Richters Ankers-Steinbaukasten) in 1880, after purchasing the rights to use the artificial stone developed in 1877 by artist Gustav Lilienthal and his brother Otto, an engineer. The Anchor Blocks No. 4A Construction Toy Set is part of Richter’s newer series of slightly larger blocks first produced in 1894. The blocks were of various shapes and sizes and came in three colors (red, tan, and blue), all neatly stored in a wooden box. Set No. 4A shown here features the Spanish and Portuguese variation of the always beautifully lithographed Richter label. Image is 1320px wide.