F. Ad. Richter began to manufacture his first series of highly collectible Anchor Stone Building Blocks (Richters Ankers-Steinbaukasten) in 1880, after purchasing the rights to use the artificial stone developed in 1877 by artist Gustav Lilienthal and his brother Otto, an engineer. The Anchor Blocks No. 3A Construction Toy Set is part of Richter’s newer series, manufactured between 1906 and 1912, that included 10 lacquered metal parts in addition to 49 stone blocks of various shapes and sizes. The top shows a variation of the always beautifully lithographed Richter label, with a center graphic to demonstrate how neatly the red, yellow, and blue stones fit into Set No. 3A’s wooden box. Image is 1370px wide.